Volkswagen Crafter Van Leasing
Volkswagen spent near to 2 billion Euros designing a new Crafter to compete against its closely related cousin, the Mercedes Sprinter. This investment included building a brand new factory dedicated to manufacturing the Crafter, demonstrating VW ‘s commitment to optimising its largest capacity van.
A main aim for the Crafter was reduction of stress on the driver, achieved by reducing noise levels with a more refined engine and improved sound deadening. Further improvements inside the cab included a very comfortable driver’s seat, making a world of difference during long journeys.
The cab interior features ample storage in the dashboard area and also beneath the seats. Further, the passenger seats fold down, acting as a table for writing or resting a laptop.
It should also be noted that the Crafter currently boasts the tallest load space in the market, making it the ideal van for bulky cargo.
Crafter Van Features & Specifications
- Max load space: 9.9 – 18.4 cu.m
- Max load length: 3450 – 4855mm
- Max gross payload: 784 – 2621 kg
- Side slide door aperture: 1311mm (standard)
- Engine: 2.0 litre 4-cylinder diesel (101, 121, 138 & 174 bhp)
- Driver attention monitoring
- Electro-mechanical steering
- Lane keeping assistance
- Self parking system
- Reverse camera (helps reversing even with trailer attached)
- Cruise control
- Electric heated wing mirrors